Friday, March 4, 2011

tumblr!!!!!

I love tutoring 8th graders because I find out what is cool in music and on the internetz. Aubrey was showing me "tumblr" last night and I like it! You can post random things you find on the internet that you like (videos, songs, photos, links, etc) and share them with your followers. I figure my online life is thus: facebook is to keep in touch w everyone, the blog is more personal and to keep in touch with you guys, and tumlbr is an extension of SBlog to share all the fun things i find on the internet (nothing personal). So here's my tumblr site: http://sammiebell.tumblr.com - follow me! If you dare...

Today I went for a walk/jog at Salt Creek Beach after tutoring. I hadn't been there in a while and I forgot how much I like that walk - 4 miles, 45 mins, ocean to golf course and back. Mom & Stevie, you both have been there with me:


When I got to the far, 1/2-way point I snapped a pic looking back at the ocean. Look how small the ocean is - you can barely see it. That's how far I'd gone:

It was there, as far away as possible from my car, that I realized that I forgot to pay the parking meter!!!!!!! So I ran the entire way back. Great motivation for running! I almost collapsed when I got to my car but... no ticket! Whew! And a great workout!

Now Timmy is coming over to play wii tonight, and do that run and lounge in the pool w me tomorrow. I literally have NOTHING to do this weekend except relax and work out. The kids I watch all have parents at home, laundry is done, groceries bought, car and house are sparkling and organized, and all emails returned/filed. This is a relatively new feeling for me in my adult life. I can't remember the last time I had nothing to do. It's awesome. Life is good.

xoxosb:)

2 comments:

  1. I remember that park...wasn't it hilly by the parking area? Gorgeous...I would drag my tired body and sore knees if I could walk on a beach trail EVERY day...lucky lucky lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot to mention that I have a messy condo, laundry isn't done, no grocery shopping in almost 2 wks,and dirty car...glad you don't take after me!

    ReplyDelete