Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Am Easily Amused

Today I tutored Kendall (sweet 4th grader) at her dad's office. We worked in the conference room and for a brief moment I felt like I had a real job - ew! So, we were working on division word problems and the book wanted her to "draw a picture" to help solve each problem. The first one was about a lady bringing 124 strawberries to a party to split evenly between 8 guests. We both thought that lady sounded lame. We gave ourselves 60 seconds to draw it and we were cracking ourselves up. Then the 2nd problem was about Mr. Chew's pen manufacturing business and putting pens in boxes. We both assumed he was small and Asian, and we couldn't stop laughing. Hey, her parents want her to enjoy Math!


My (awful) pics are on the left and Kendall's (good ones) are on the right:

And, as if I wasn't already having fun, on the way out her dad let me use the styrofoam peanut dropper machine! He said I was the first person he'd ever seen get excited about it. Seriously??!! That thing is COOL!:

xoxosb:)

5 comments:

  1. I make "pen" or is it "yen" all day??? hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pen! Haha but either could work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures. What type of business does he own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He owns DermLite (they make dermatology lights, in case you couldn't figure that out)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this font looks like Precious Moments... I'm not sure if I like it anymore.

    ReplyDelete